Science Fair Projects
The Science Fair Projects program is a unique enrichment program that inspires creativity in middle school students (grades 5, 6, 7, and 8) and high school students (grades 9 and 10). The program develops the students' problem solving skills and promotes their interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). In the program, students work on fun and hands-on science design projects, led by qualified and experienced science teachers.
The program has live online sessions where teachers and students meet. During the live online session, the teacher will walk through the background science subject materials and topics; then the teacher will discuss with the students the real-world problems that the project is trying to solve. During the off hours, the students will either work alone or in collaboration with other students to develop a solution to the real-world problem. Then in the review session, the students will each present his or her design to the class and the teacher will review, comment, and grade the students' design work based on how well the problem is solved, how unique and creative the student's solution is, and how well the student presents his solution.
Examples of the science fair projects include things like building a battery with fruit, designing a balloon car, extracting salt from plasticine, etc.
The science design projects were carefully selected so that the students will only need a little more knowledge beyond the regular middle school science curriculum to get the work done. The focus is not to teach students new science knowledge but to inspire students' interest in science, technology and engineering, and to create opportunities for students to develop their creativity, hands-on problem-solving skills, and confidence in getting real world tasks done.
And of course, the Science Fair Projects program is also a lot of fun for students bored with traditional school work!
The Science Fair Projects program has 5 levels:
- Level 1 is suitable for Grade 5-6 students, and covers the following topics: biodiversity, electricity, electrical devices, space flight
- Level 2 is suitable for Grade 7 students, and covers the following topics: interactions in the Environment, pure substances and mixtures, heat in the environment, form and function
- Level 3 is suitable for Grade 8 students and covers the following topics: cells, fluids, water systems, systems in action
- Level 4 is suitable for Grade 9 students and covers the following topics: sustainable ecosystems, human activity, atoms, elements, and compounds, the study of the universe & space exploration, the characteristics of electricity & electrical applications
- Level 5 is suitable for Grade 10 students and covers the following topics: tissues, organs, and systems of living things, chemical reactions, and their practical applications, climate change & earth’s dynamic climate, light and geometric optics
Science Fair Project Level 1 (30 minute free trial)
Science Fair Project Level 3 (30 minute free trial)
Science Fair Project Level 4 (30 minute free trial)
Science Fair Project Level 5 (30 minute free trial)
$25/hour (10+ sessions)*
$27/hour (5+ sessions)
$29/hour (1-4 sessions)
* The $25/hour discount is not available in all areas; more discounts are available when 2+ students share the same session.
All above programs include a 30 minute FREE trial session!
You can enroll in the Science Fair Projects program offered at after-school hours, evening hours, or weekend hours. All sessions are offered through our real-time virtual classroom so your child can attend the sessions from the comfort of your home. All you need is a PC or tablet, and a high-speed Internet access (a web camera is not needed, as communication is audio and screen sharing only). Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Demo Videos on Youtube