Math Kangaroo Test Prep
Practice Math Kangaroo Practice Questions online, discuss with other Math Kangaroo students, and get FREE online help from our Math Kanagroo test prep teachers!
Math Kangaroo questions are challenging but have patterns. Our experienced teachers will teach students how to decipher the question patterns and master related Math concepts and Math techniques, so that they can do well in Math Kangaroo contests. More importantly, our Math Kangaroo test prep program will improve the students' overrall problem solving skills of:
- Interpreting questions
- Making assumptions
- Exploring strategies
- Multi-perspective brainstorming
- Creating problem solving plans
- Logical thinking
- Execution, calculation, and reviewing
- Dealing with stress and anxiety
Homesweet Learning's Math Kangaroo Test Prep Program takes the following 3 different formats:
- One-on-one tutoring: a dedicated Math Kangaroo teacher will be assigned to give the student individualized help; all tutoring sessions are live online sessions.
- Small class: the student will attend a small class led by a dedicated Math Kangaroo teacher. Each class has between 2 to 5 students; all class sessions are live online sessions.
- Problem solving by email: the student sends in his/her problems, our Math Kangaroo teachers explain the solution to the problem by email; student can ask unlimited follow-up questions.
Homesweet Learning's Math Kangaroo Test Prep Program uses the following teaching/tutoring materials:
- Past Math Kangaroo contest questions
- Other competitive Math contest tests
- Math materials prepared specifically for individual students
Math Kangaroo Levels 1-2 (30 minute FREE trial)
Math Kangaroo Levels 3-4 (30 minute FREE trial)
Math Kangaroo Levels 5-6 (30 minute FREE trial)
Math Kangaroo Levels 7-8 (30 minute FREE trial)
$25/hour (10+ sessions)*
$27/hour (5+ sessions)
$29/hour (1-4 sessions)
Math Kangaroo Levels 9-10 (30 minute FREE trial)
Math Kangaroo Levels 11-12 (30 minute FREE trial)
$29/hour (10+ sessions)
$29/hour (5+ sessions)
$29/hour (1-4 sessions)
* The $25/hour discount is not available in all areas; more discounts are available when 2+ students share the same session.
You can book a 30 minute FREE trial session for all above programs!
You can enroll in the Math Kangaroo Test Prep program offered at after-school hours, evening hours, or weekend hours. All sessions are offered through our real-time virtual classroom so your child can attend the sessions from the comfort of your home. All you need is a PC or tablet, and a high-speed Internet access (a web camera is not needed, as communication is audio and screen sharing only). Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Demo Videos on Youtube
What are Math Kangaroo tests? Math Kangaroo is an international mathematical competition with more than 40 countries that take an active part in it. There are twelve levels of participation: from grade 1 to grade 12. The competition is held annually on the third Thursday of March. The key competence tested by the Kangaroo is logical combination, not just pure knowledge of formulas.
Benefits of taking Math Kangaroo tests There are many benefits of taking Math Kangaroo tests, whether your child is in Grade 1 or Grade 12:
- It helps primary school kid getting into good high schools (private or public), and high school kids getting into Ivy-League colleges or top Universities. For example, Stanford accepts high percentage of students who are good with math and science demonstrated in winning math and/or science contests.
- It improves the students' logical thinking and problem solving skills.
Math Kangaroo test format The Math Kangaroo competition is executed as a 75 minutes multiple choice test, consisting of 30 questions (up to 4th grade, only 24 questions) equally divided among the categories of 3-point-, 4-point- and 5-point-questions. 5 solutions are given, exactly one of them being correct. One is given the respective points for choosing the correct answer, 0 points for not answering and a quarter of the respective points are taken off for choosing a wrong answer. Each participant is given 30 base points at the begin (up to 4th grade, 24) so that the minimum number of points at the end is 0. The maximum number is 150 (up to 4th grade, 120) points.
Homesweet Learning is offering Math Kangaroo Test Prep courses specifically designed to help your kids get better scores in Math Kangaroo competition at all grade levels. The Math Kangaroo Test Prep sessions cover the following topics for Grade 1 to Grade 12 students:
For lower grade students
- Number sense
- Spatial sense
- Data management
For middle grade students
- Proportional reasoning
- Expressions and equations
- Data management
- Linear relations
- Properties of slope
- Equations and graphs
- Measurements of geometrical objects
- Quadratic relations and graphs
- Analytic geometry
- Modelling linear relations
For Grade 11 and 12 students
- Characteristics of functions
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Discrete functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Polynomial and rational functions,
- Mathematical models
- Calculus and vectors
- Counting and probability
- Probability distributions
- Statistical analysis